rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Or you could update your system's security certificates. If it's not recognizing valid sites, it may be letting invalid ones through as well.

Since the links appear to be working for everyone but you, I'd suggest the problem is on YOUR end.

You are wrong once again, just face it.

You just love to argue, and thats okay too.

I thought the purpose of a valid security certificate was to warn users so they did not accidentally enter passwords and other private information on the wrong site. What is the potential harm in viewing an image via https on a site that does not have a certificate? Am I missing something?

Best,

Christopher

I thought the purpose of a valid security certificate was to warn users so they did not accidentally enter passwords and other private information on the wrong site. What is the potential harm in viewing an image via https on a site that does not have a certificate? Am I missing something?

Best,

Christopher

Absolutely no harm especially in this case .. the only point I was making, even if its just several million like me and not a billion with the latest certs updated yesterday, they wont see the images with the https tag without first opening (in chrome) and accepting the certificate.

Best,

Christopher

The site DOES have a certificate... Rory just apparently hasn't updated his computer recently to the latest root certificates, since nobody else has complained of these errors, and box.com is a perfectly valid site (cloud storage, along the lines of Dropbox, iCloud, etc.). Rory COULD just click through and look at the pictures anyway, or update his root certificates, but apparently he prefers to be contrary.

The site DOES have a certificate... Rory just apparently hasn't updated his computer recently to the latest root certificates,

OK, thanks. So, if a site does not have a certificate, or if it does have a certificate and your computer is out of date, either way, you just click to ignore, and view the image, right? If you don't trust the site to be who they say it is for what ever reason, just don't enter any private information, right? In other words, no matter the reason for the warning about the certificate, if all you want to do is view an image, this is much ado about nothing, is that right?

Best,

Christopher

The site DOES have a certificate... Rory just apparently hasn't updated his computer recently to the latest root certificates,

OK, thanks. So, if a site does not have a certificate, or if it does have a certificate and your computer is out of date, either way, you just click to ignore, and view the image, right? If you don't trust the site to be who they say it is for what ever reason, just don't enter any private information, right? In other words, no matter the reason for the warning about the certificate, if all you want to do is view an image, this is much ado about nothing, is that right?

Best,

Christopher

Pretty much, yeah.

Most secure sites (those using https) will offer their own certificate, which you can accept and install, so your browser won't ask anymore for that site.

Normally there are bulk updates of "root certificates" that your system should install automatically... box.com has been around for a while so if you don't already have a valid cert for it, you probably haven't updated your system in a long time.

16MP camera with 50MM lens

need to change it from https to http so others can see it ..

for example the https comes up with an error in chrome ..

otherwise nice images and nice neighborhood

FYI. You can argue till the cows come home, this is all I was saying.

Do whatever you like though, just means people wont see your images.

box.com has been around for a while so if you don't already have a valid cert for it, you probably haven't updated your system in a long time.

That cert is just from Sept 2011, so hardly a long time.

Simple, just dont use https in images, can you even grasp that simple solution?

Guess not, obviously its above your pay grade.

16 MP sure does look nice. BTW, firefox had no issues with the certificate.

Yep FF is the only browser that didnt, I have that also.

16MP camera with 50MM lens

ru01oy4bivgbyanl51ip.jpg

(..cut..)

seems to me a "old film"...

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11322&p=145333#p145333

Try it .. (same scene)

you may have some surprises ...

Have you noticed that there are NOT these sample images in the Avigilon Web site? (PRO series cameras .. & night time & with lights ...

??? why would you use a 11MP camera when a 5MP does the trick?

Also the Pro cameras are not D/N only day or night.

"..or night"..

The name is this.. yes.. ( "-M" Monochrome)... but you tried "& night time & with lights ..."

It's very strange that in Avigilon Gallery there is not any video sample with this PRO cameras ..during the night.. in outdoor.. with lights (as cars .. for example..) Thewireguys, would you post any images of your PRO-M camera night test/with lights??

Hi Thewireguys, please, can you post this same image, with this same 16MP camera, but during the night with strong lights??

thank you

gvn

Hi Thewireguys, please, can you post this same image, with this same 16MP camera, but during the night with strong lights??

thank you

gvn

GVN why the hate on Avigilon? What company do you work for? This is not a "low light" camera and Avigilon never clams that it is.

Avigilon does have sample video from the 16 and 11 MP cameras at night on the dealer site.

We are currently testing the 16MP at a customers site for parking lot coverage so I don't have it right now. Currently the customer has Arecont and IQI 5MP cameras and they just don't have the resolution that they need. I will be back on site next week to see the results.

I will be doing lots of day/night testing with this camera and when I have some video that I can post I will. Keep in mind most customers that want/need this level of camera/quality don't want images posted on the web

Edit found some this from a post earlier...

Same Camera and Lens - Dock Day

16MPDocksDay-1.jpg

Same Same - Dock Night Cropped Image

174992_1.jpg

thank you

gvn

...(cut).. Keep in mind most customers that want/need this level of camera/quality don't want images posted on the web

why Customer's image??

Please.. read...

thank you

gvn

Where is your problem??

..(cut)..

..(cut)..

174993_1.jpg

Are these strong lights??

Gvn

thank you

gvn

...(cut).. Keep in mind most customers that want/need this level of camera/quality don't want images posted on the web

why Customer's image??

Please.. read...

thank you

gvn

Where is the problem??

..(cut)..

..(cut)..

174994_1.jpg

Are these strong lights??

Gvn

Because I don't have the camera right now .

Are you referring to the blooming issue with the CCD sensors?

Edited by Guest

..(cut)..

no

much worse..

CCD SMEAR ..

big.. ENORMOUS... TERRIFYING CCD SMEAR!!

( ..please.. read the Avigilon's Technical Bulletin )

But in the real outdoor applications.. in REAL situation.. is not possible to use these cameras!

You can trust,

are very few applications as possible with these CCD 11-16-29MP cameras!

bye

Gvn

..(cut)..

no

much worse..

CCD SMEAR ..

But in the real outdoor applications.. in REAL situation.. is not possible to use this camera!

You can trust,

are very few applications as possible with this CCD 11-16-29MP cameras!

bye

Gvn

GVN I am aware of the CCD smear/blooming and as you already know Avigilon doesn't hide this. . It's all about using the right tools for the job. I have seen this camera used in REAL outdoor applications and it works very well but you must understand how to use it.

Are you going to say who you work for or are you just gonna troll?

(..cut..)

I work like you,

I'm system integrator,

But I work only for my customers's interest ,

I "married" no one manufacturer...

(..cut..)

.. Avigilon doesn't hide this. .

..(cut)..

It's all about using the right tools for the job.

There is no .. "tools" for this BIG problem..

... exists only avoid strong lights ...

Outdoors??

(.. cut ..)

Why the truth, that you will not like it, means to be a troll?

bye

Gvn

(..cut..)

I work like you,

I'm system integrator,

But I work only for my customers's interest ,

I "married" no one manufacturer...

(..cut..)

.. Avigilon doesn't hide this. .

..(cut)..

It's all about using the right tools for the job.

There is no .. "tools" for this BIG problem..

... exists only avoid strong lights ...

Outdoors??

(.. cut ..)

bye

Gvn

"right tool for job" meaning use the right camera for the right job. Understand the limitations of your products and use them in the correct situation. Every technology has limitations.

Troll meaning you have 8 posts all harping on a issue that is well know. You also have no info about yourself or company. List the products that you use and I can tell you what issues they have too.

.. ( cut ) ..

.. Every technology has limitations.

.. ( cut ) ..

with these prices??

.. ( cut ) ..

"right tool for job" meaning use the right camera for the right job. Understand the limitations of your products and use them in the correct situation.

.. ( cut ) ..

I do not think you have made ​​a good impression, praising these cameras ... without telling the (real and HUGE) limits ..

..(cut)..

Troll meaning you have 8 posts all harping on a issue that is well know. .. (cut) ..

If, some posts ago, you would have immediately recognized these big "operational limits" did not I have to write 8 posts ...

..(cut)..

.. ( cut ).. You also have no info about yourself or company. List the products that you use and I can tell you what issues they have too.

I do not do advertising to me or my company (like you), I just need to inform all the user of this forum how things are about these PRO cameras, only the truth (the real situation that you do not wrote and Avigilon do not immediately informs).

bye bye

Gvn

I just need to inform all the user of this forum how things are about these PRO cameras, only the truth

post images of problems you are having with the setup. which Avigilon range do you use ???

Hello Tomcctv

I just need to inform all the user of this forum how things are about these PRO cameras, only the truth

post images of problems you are having with the setup. .. ( CUT ) ..

..please, read this..

..(cut)..

no

much worse..

CCD SMEAR ..

But in the real outdoor applications.. in REAL situation.. is not possible to use this camera!

You can trust,

are very few applications as possible with this CCD 11-16-29MP cameras!

bye

Gvn

GVN I am aware of the CCD smear/blooming and as you already know Avigilon doesn't hide this. . .. (CUT)..

.. (CUT)... which Avigilon range do you use ???

..the "PRO" (PROfessional Avigilon) "cameras" (with this enormous problem) are these http://www.avigilon.com/products/cameras-video/pro-ip/

Gvn

..the "PRO" (PROfessional Avigilon) "cameras" (with this enormous problem) are these

am asking have you used them