buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

I temporarily mounted one outside just to get some test video. I'm in a cast with a broken thumb for a couple more weeks but really wanted to see how these performed so I just ran a wire through my garage and mounted it 7-8' high. I do see the same soft image on the right side like others have reported. Other than that they do look good. Here is a sample. I walked up/down and then just drove down the street and back.

Change the quality to 720p for best resolution. I start walking down at :50 and driving around 1:50.

Yes, I have it configured now with Axxon next, not sure I have it setup right because it looks like it's recording 1 fps even though configured it to record 30 fps and don't know how to export the video but right now it looks like time lapse photography more so than video.

I finally got the camera and BlueIris working right. I'm uploading the video to Youtube now and I have to trim it because BI now make one huge video out multiple events, you'll see what I mean in the video.

Yeah if I'm not mistaken they are no longer going to sell them. It looks like they are releasing a new ip system

by lorex... But its the same cameras from Hikvision!

Crazy....

Yeah but they are no longer selling them without the NVR? Can't find another source for them yet.

Well that was disappointing to find out that blue iris is only a 32 bit app. That means no matter what it can only utilize 4GB ram. So if you were to build your own dvr would could get away with 12 GB easy in the sytem

I guess I'm missing something here. Does it matter if Blue Iris can only address 4gb? It doesn't need more, does it? Seems to me that any system based on BI tends to run into a lack of CPU power, not RAM. Is there any point in having enough memory to run a kabillion cams if the CPU is the limiting factor with "just" 4gb?

i dont know much about there programming architecture. But if it was 64 bit and utilized more ram and systems resources it would be less likely that it would have to re-crunch the same data.

Don't know of any 64 bit NVR apps. I install them on my Win 7 64-bit desktop and they all end up in my 32-bit Program Files directory. Why so obsessed with 64 bit? I have 2GB on my NVR pc and with BlueIris and ACTi NVR both running, I'm only using 1GB of RAM.

The only thing I see that ram would help with is pre-event buffer, say even 32mb per camera, 16 cameras, 1/2GB of RAM.

I installed iVMS 2000 and it wants me to install disk drive that it wants to format, hmm, so it can't be the main drive because that has windows.

Is it wanting a scratch disk to create a new bootable disk? Maybe it wants to create a standalone NVR bootable system rather than just run as an application under the OS. Or does it just need an entire disk (formatted by it) to write the video files to? Did you try pointing it to a scratch disk to format and see what it's doing? No need to have it format the C: drive with Windows on it I assume. Maybe it needs it's own formatted drive to write video streams in some unique way for efficiency sake?

Don't know of any 64 bit NVR apps. I install them on my Win 7 64-bit desktop and they all end up in my 32-bit Program Files directory. Why so obsessed with 64 bit? I have 2GB on my NVR pc and with BlueIris and ACTi NVR both running, I'm only using 1GB of RAM.

The only thing I see that ram would help with is pre-event buffer, say even 32mb per camera, 16 cameras, 1/2GB of RAM.

If it was 64 bit it could take advantage of the entire 64bit architecture. The app would run faster use less memory, use the native instruction set of the processor and the OS.

It would be fighting with other potential 32 bit applications for memory, or processor time. It would make a HUGE difference.

Ok Im going to be taking down one of my fuzzy cams and putting up a new one. Im going to flash it with the hikvision software. So give me a bit

Ok Im going to be taking down one of my fuzzy cams and putting up a new one. Im going to flash it with the hikvision software. So give me a bit

You go zikronix!!!

If there's an option, save the firmware version currently installed on the camera before flashing with the Hikvision firmware.

I just want to add, people like you -- brother zirkonix -- is why we won the war.

And went to the moon.

And sunk the Titanic (unforunately).

Flashing now.

EDIT: Weird...it says it took and I rebooted the device...but it doesn't seem to have really took. Trying again stand by

Ok so the firmware says it flashes, it reboots like it flashes, but it doesn't actually flash. So im sure theres a bit flipped in the firmware (no surprises here) if we had the swann firmware we could decompile and flip the bit accordingly.

EDIT: Wait...that firmware I downloaded, is the same version firmware that's on the swann...I just noticed that. Its possible it could be a different build from the swann.

The ftp says DS-2CD2xxx_Base_Firmware_V4.0.9 130106.zip

The hikvision software reports my new swann camera as 4.0.9build 130106 v4.0 build 121228

Stand by let me investigate some more.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

In resolution I now have three options. 720P, 1080P, and 2048x1536....

STANDBY gonna try to compare to the new untouched camera

Both of my SWNHD-820CAMs report...

Firmware Version V4.0.9 130106

Encoding Version V4.0 build 121228

BINGO!!!!!!!!! In resolution I now have three options. 720P, 1080P, and 2048x1536...

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! " title="Applause" />

LET THE FLASHOLICIOUSNESS BEGIN!

Why so obsessed with 64 bit? I have 2GB on my NVR pc and with BlueIris and ACTi NVR both running, I'm only using 1GB of RAM.

It keeps me up at night.

But i did start out by saying that i did not know much the nvr software being 32 or 64 bit.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! In resolution I now have three options. 720P, 1080P, and 2048x1536...

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! " title="Applause" />

LET THE FLASHOLICIOUSNESS BEGIN!

Still got the soft right side on this camera though....and the camera still reports as a swann

im going to go plug it in my dvr and see what it says lol

http://youtu.be/scgCr0rf7Kg

DVR sees the cameas. Quality doesn't look any better or worse...Don't know if that's good or bad.

Video was taken indoors. at 2048x1556 @ 3073KBPS

Edited by Guest

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

In resolution I now have three options. 720P, 1080P, and 2048x1536....

STANDBY gonna try to compare to the new untouched camera

Nice job. I thought i was going to be the first one to do that.

But fedex delayed my package today to Tue.

Wow.. looks like I ordered my Swanns just in time, as they're MIA from Costco's site.

Good work on flashing, curious what the video size (mb) differences are for 720/1080/2048..

Wow.. looks like I ordered my Swanns just in time, as they're MIA from Costco's site.

Good work on flashing, curious what the video size (mb) differences are for 720/1080/2048..

Im not going to go thorugh all that...but there you guys go!..

...Good work on flashing, curious what the video size (mb) differences are for 720/1080/2048..

Nice work bro. Nice friggin' work. " title="Applause" />

...Good work on flashing, curious what the video size (mb) differences are for 720/1080/2048..

Nice work bro. Nice friggin' work. " title="Applause" />

I would highly suggest you take that firmware and stash it some where because hikvision could pull it.

I would love to flash all mine. But im not going to because I don't want to cause some weird ass problem with their dvr.