buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

@Q......So I cannot just plug the Swann in a PoE switch hooked to my router and the router will identify as an attached device as it did with the Q-SEE? Then use the IP address to access the camera through IE? Why do I need to use the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows)? Does the camera have a fixed IP address?

It's not quite as simple as that Biofarmer. If you're going to use these camers on your local area network and connect them to a camera management system application running on your computer (and not a Swann network video recorder) then you need to understand how subnet IP addressing works and you will need to follow the instructions I provided several pages ago. This will allow you to assign an IP address to the camera(s) which is compatible with your subnet After you have done this you will be able to log into the camera with your web browser and change the camera settings as needed.

How to configure your Swann\Costco cameras...

1. Download and install the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows) software
  2. Load the Hikvision iVMS-4000 software application and start the "Add device wizard"
  3. Click on the "Setup" menu choice
  4. Right click on "Monitor Area" and choose "Add Device"
  5. After the "Add Device" window loads, click the "Online Device" button
  6. Select the Swann camera you need to configure and then click the "Modify" button
  7. Edit the camera's configuration as needed using the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks) and then click the save button
  8. Exit the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software application, start your browser and log into the camera's web interface using the defaut UID "admin" and the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks)

An update on my camera "flashing" issue. Swann worked on the nvr for a few hours...and In the end we did a firmware update to the nvr. Which I thought was almost catastrophic, it looked like it bombed. We reset the entire system to defaults. And it looks like the cameras are no longer flashing. One theory was that the main stream, which I has set at 720p and the record event stream at 1080p might have been causing the issue. In the manual it recommends they be the same in the new firmware you cant make them different.

Which could also be why VLC wouldn't play the videos right.

As far as the soft right side. I have maybe 5 cameras out of the 8 that have the soft right side. I am going to pull video for swann again. They said if it is there we will replace.

Good to see you are getting your issues resolved. You are one of the bravest so far with 8 cameras + NVR. I should get one today, hopefully with none of the issues you experienced but sounds like a 50/50 chance. If it makes you feel better, I'm having some serious firmware issues with a newly released $1,000 camera from another company.

I mean i know in reality that I could have built something maybe better, but the reality of it is it wouldnt have had the warranty, the support, and probably not the stability...then again it also may not have had these problems either.

Costco has just added this wording to the product page. They have also taken off the one review(by a forum member) that indicated the camera can be used without the Swann NVR.

"

Note: These NVR IP cameras will only work with NVR (Network Video Recorder) DVR systems that are ONIF compliant. If using a different brand ONIF compliant camera with a different brand ONIF compliant recorder they may not be “Plug-n-Play” and some configuration may be needed at setup. "

this almost make me want to return these camera and pay more from another company that knows what they are talking about. what a way to show that they are a whine bag little company that is a PIA. deleting post and playing games. this make me want to flash the firmware even more so you wont have to deal with them in the future. once you flash you can just deal with hikvision. I also dont trust that if you keep the same firmware that swan may try to give you an update so you can only use it with there NVR .

My bad. The review(5 star) is still there. For some reason it did not show on the product page earlier.

I have a different take than spadjen on this one. I think Costco may be bending to the non-Swann NVR market by that statement. And doesn't the non-Swann NVR market include everything else, including a PC with 3rd party software?

I don't know about anybody else but I feel better having Costco behind these cameras.

this almost make me want to return these camera and pay more from another company that knows what they are talking about. what a way to show that they are a whine bag little company that is a PIA. deleting post and playing games. this make me want to flash the firmware even more so you wont have to deal with them in the future. once you flash you can just deal with hikvision. I also dont trust that if you keep the same firmware that swan may try to give you an update so you can only use it with there NVR .

Geez Louise bro...lighten up eh? It's Costco. Costco good. Mucho good.

I don't know about anybody else but I feel better having Costco behind these cameras.

Me too. I bought one of those big-ass stainless BBG's at Costco and cooked meat on it for 5-years. Never liked it much and five years after I bought it I returned it. It smelled like burnt meat when I rolled it in. And there was not a peep out of them. They refunded me cash. How can you beat that?

Geez Louise bro...lighten up eh? It's Costco. Costco good. Mucho good.

Yeah Yeah. I get like that when i get hungry. and it being a **** day. Leaving early going to the bar. Its 5 O'Clock somewhere.

It smelled like burnt meat when I rolled it in. And there was not a peep out of them. They refunded me cash. How can you beat that?

What is amazing is how Costco can still make a profit, keep stockholders, employees and customers happy with a return policy quoted above. I know they have tightened up on their return policy on electronics in the last couple years. They were getting complaints from stockholders, employees and some customers that they were actually renting products for free. I guess they still do it with other products.

What is amazing is how Costco can still make a profit, keep stockholders, employees and customers happy with a return policy quoted above. I know they have tightened up on their return policy on electronics in the last couple years. They were getting complaints from stockholders, employees and some customers that they were actually renting products for free. I guess they still do it with other products.

Don't worry about Costco

They have no problem return back to suppliers

I'm not worried about them a bit. I cannot imagine them making vendors eat 100% of the Costco return policy though.

Whatever the case, as a customer, I am happy. I can also feel a different(in a good way) employee vibe when I am in the store. Different than other big box stores.

Me too. I bought one of those big-ass stainless BBG's at Costco and cooked meat on it for 5-years. Never liked it much and five years after I bought it I returned it. It smelled like burnt meat when I rolled it in. And there was not a peep out of them. They refunded me cash. How can you beat that?

It took 5 years worth of steaks to figure out you never liked it....WOW. That's a waste of good meat my friend.

It took 5 years worth of steaks to figure out you never liked it....WOW. That's a waste of good meat my friend.

Nope: 5 years to get off my lazy ass and hump that monstrosity back to the store.

That's OK, it too me a year and a half to gut and remodel my bathroom.

Now I'm a year into the kitchen.

The camera I borrowed does not have the blurry/soft side issue.

Can't wait for your write up and review.

+1 " title="Applause" />

Nope: 5 years to get off my lazy ass and hump that monstrosity back to the store.

Thats because we have too many toys!

There's no such thing as too many toys, just not enough time to enjoy them all as properly and thoroughly as they deserve.

Thats because we have too many toys!

Plus football eats 6-hours on Sunday for four-months a year " title="Applause" />

Interesting. I recall seeing that review that indicated these cams could be used w/ other NVR's - which I was suspicious of. By the way, a Swann tech wrote to me last week and said that each camera draws max 4W. My 4 cams are not installed outdoors yet - need time to pull existing analog wires before I can run new. However, in the limited viewing of boring indoor images - I don't yet see any "soft" edges. But, when mounted outdoors - they'll tell the real story. I was a bit surprised at how warm the cams felt to the touch w/o the IR going - but guessing that's totally normal.

J.

Interesting. I recall seeing that review that indicated these cams could be used w/ other NVR's - which I was suspicious of. By the way, a Swann tech wrote to me last week and said that each camera draws max 4W. My 4 cams are not installed outdoors yet - need time to pull existing analog wires before I can run new. However, in the limited viewing of boring indoor images - I don't yet see any "soft" edges. But, when mounted outdoors - they'll tell the real story. I was a bit surprised at how warm the cams felt to the touch w/o the IR going - but guessing that's totally normal.

Jim, my bet is that these cameras are going to run well with any video management software, or network video recorder, that supports common standards. They run just fine (at least no issues yet) with my VMS (Blue Iris\RTSP over port 554). And, yes, my cameras also run very warm.

I'm hoping so. I'll be anxious to compare nite images with my analog cams. I have lots a of ambient lighting so non-ir would have been fine. I'm hoping that in time you experts will find some other cams that I can run thru the NVR. The package 8 CH was the easier solution in the short run - although the idea of a dedicated PC has grown on me somewhat.

I'm hoping so. I'll be anxious to compare nite images with my analog cams. I have lots a of ambient lighting so non-ir would have been fine. I'm hoping that in time you experts will find some other cams that I can run thru the NVR. The package 8 CH was the easier solution in the short run - although the idea of a dedicated PC has grown on me somewhat.

So did you pick up the full costco deal or did you just pick up the cameras?