buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

...I would highly suggest you take that firmware and stash it some where because hikvision could pull it...

Did that last week bro

Since I did the hard work. Can one of you guys that flashes your camera, If you think you have the soft right side can you mess with the settings to see if you can pull that out.

Since I did the hard work...

Oh no. I did the hard work...talking you into it!

Since I did the hard work...

Oh no. I did the hard work...talking you into it!

I already said Id do it when i replaced the camera lol

I just want to add, people like you -- brother zirkonix -- is why we won the war.

And went to the moon.

And sunk the Titanic (unforunately).

I think it was a Canadian iceberg that sunk the Titanic. We grow 'em big up here.

Is it possible that the soft side is caused by a blemished lens ? I guess a person could swap them to confirm that theory. Nice job on the flash, you will somehow have to confirm if you really are getting that resolution or not.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! In resolution I now have three options. 720P, 1080P, and 2048x1536...

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! " title="Applause" />

LET THE FLASHOLICIOUSNESS BEGIN!

Still got the soft right side on this camera though....and the camera still reports as a swann

im going to go plug it in my dvr and see what it says lol

http://youtu.be/scgCr0rf7Kg

DVR sees the cameas. Quality doesn't look any better or worse...Don't know if that's good or bad.

Video was taken indoors. at 2048x1556 @ 3073KBPS

There was too much movement to determine whether or not the right side is still soft. The other thing that comes into play is 'dumb' IR. Just like in analog, smart IR is preferred. To me, if you're gonna move forward in price with IP cams, you can't throw away the rule book otherwise you're defeating the purpose. In which case, you have better resolution of a picture of someone blasted out by IR. I know the camera was right in front of you but it's likely the same will happen when installed. And then what did the whole upgrade, or even just the cost of a new system really gain you in terms of surveillance? Not much. You can't just stop at resolution and call it a day.

That video came from the hikvision software I wasn't going through all the testing since the camera was flaky I decided to flash it to help people on this forum. I'm using my cameras with Swann nvr so I could care less. This is my first camera system and it works pretty good for my needs as it is. And if it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't have even know that the camera had a soft side or who the oem for the cameras were. I work in IT and I deal with higher end systems but I'm not a professional.

Two thoughts, aside from the IR washout that's a problem on most non-intelligent IR cams.

Lens quality seems like a likely problem with the softness, though for all of them to have the softness in the same spot would imply that the lens quality control is good enough to assembly them all incorrectly exactly the same way. This would be easy to test for someone with both a good and soft camera - swap the lenses and see if the problem swaps.

Also, the brief period when the camera was in BW mode but the IR hadn't come on showed really horrendous sharpening artifacts, which is a common issue with inexpensive IR cams. Whether it would be a problem long term will have to wait for more real-world video, but one of my Dahuas sees the sharpening artifacts as motion at certain times and records until the firmware cleans it up a bit.

If this camera has adjustable sharpening, that could help too. The Dahua doesn't, and really needs it.

I'm planning on getting 4 of these when it comes back on sale.

(darn I had it in my cart the other day and didn't order now it's gone out of stock

anyway.

I'm running Blue Iris 3.0 Pro will it able to handle 1080p recording for 4 of these? (and probably 2 extra 640x480 foscam?)

network is full gigabit eithernet. and my NVR host is i5-3470, 16gb ram, 240gb ssd +500gb HDD

This is a brand new camera for Hikvision and it could be there were some early production issues. If you have the issue, just contact Swann and have them replace the camera. As a reviewer, I sometimes get the first of a model to come out and I've seen production issues on more than one brand.

...I'm running Blue Iris 3.0 Pro will it able to handle 1080p recording for 4 of these? (and probably 2 extra 640x480 foscam?) network is full gigabit eithernet. and my NVR host is i5-3470, 16gb ram, 240gb ssd +500gb HDD

That should not be a problem.

Two thoughts, aside from the IR washout that's a problem on most non-intelligent IR cams.

Lens quality seems like a likely problem with the softness, though for all of them to have the softness in the same spot would imply that the lens quality control is good enough to assembly them all incorrectly exactly the same way. This would be easy to test for someone with both a good and soft camera - swap the lenses and see if the problem swaps.

Also, the brief period when the camera was in BW mode but the IR hadn't come on showed really horrendous sharpening artifacts, which is a common issue with inexpensive IR cams. Whether it would be a problem long term will have to wait for more real-world video, but one of my Dahuas sees the sharpening artifacts as motion at certain times and records until the firmware cleans it up a bit.

If this camera has adjustable sharpening, that could help too. The Dahua doesn't, and really needs it.

It was just a qucik dirty...i wasnt going to take it back out side and remount it.I figured Id just take some pics of my self.

It was just a qucik dirty...i wasnt going to take it back out side and remount it.I figured Id just take some pics of my self.

I don't think 'ol Zikronix really flashed that baby fellas.

I don't think 'ol Zikronix really flashed that baby fellas.

My weekend encompassed the following starting friday:

Installing two car alarms, yard work, diassembling and replacing a timing cover gasket (disassembling the front of the engine), water pump, oil pan gasket (gotta un bolt the tranny to do that). Painting my dvr lock box, and replacing at least two of the cameras that have soft sides.

Your lucky i even found time to flash it. LOL...but alas here is the screen shots from the interface after upgrade...check it out here

http://imgur.com/a/lCi00

NOW GO FLASH AWAY

Yes, before I read your last post, I figured you were bluffing and I couldn't stand it any more. So I flashed one of my SWANHD-820CAMs with the Hikvision firmware. It appears that I have been successful. It appears that I now have a 2048 x 1536 resolution available in Configuration > Video/Audio (as shown below). I have this camera temporarily hanging is the server closet so I have no super-terrific video to share with you. Indeed, the only change in the cameras web interface is that I have now have a 2048 x 1536 resolution available and the screens all say "HIKVISION" in the upper left corner. In addition, Blue Iris appears to be receiving 2048 x 1536 video goodness. [iThink]Success![/iThink].

One more thing: a WaRnInG! Flash at your own risk and, if you do, you WILL void your warranty and/or you may brick your camera thus rendering it useless and non-returnable. You have been warned.

218856_1.jpg

218856_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Yes, before I read your last post, I figured you were bluffing and I couldn't stand it any more. So I flashed one of my SWANHD-820CAMs with the Hikvision firmware. It appears that I have been successful. It appears that I now have a 2048 x 1536 resolution available in Configuration > Video/Audio (as shown below). I have this camera temporarily hanging is the server closet so I have no super-terrific video to share with you. Indeed, the only change in the cameras web interface is that I have now have a 2048 x 1536 resolution available and the screens all say "HIKVISION" in the upper left corner. In addition, Blue Iris appears to be receiving 2048 x 1536 video goodness. [iThink]Success![/iThink].

People do that? Just go on the internet and tell...LIES. Cmon man. As you can see by my pictures I wasnt bluffing!

People do that? Just go on the internet and tell...LIES. Cmon man. As you can see by my pictures I wasnt bluffing!

218872_1.jpg

What is this suppose to show ? A terrible photo edit ?

218872_1.jpg

I've heard that there are more skeptics than liars on the internet, but I somehow doubt it...

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut lest I generate anymore animosity with my sad jokes, lame excuses, dull points and bad photoshopping.