buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

8 CH NVR w/ 4 Cams - package for $899. Will consider more cams as time goes. Currently using 7 analog, but will focus more on cam placement. Two of my current analog have a great over-view of the street area, but provide no direct benefit to protecting my home.

Looks like these cams are going international! Just happened upon this Hik video / advertisement. Who can translate for us?

Update...

I have one of these cameras streaming to Blue Iris now using the default HIKVision RTSP in the BI camera list. FYI: the factory defaults for these cameras are...

• UID: admin
  • Pwd: 12345

To perform initial configuration, download iVMS-4000 Client Software v2.03.17.04 from the HIKVision Website...

After initial configuration (basically all I did was set the camers IP address to my subnet scheme), log into the camera with your web browser, install required browser components) and log into the camera to set all camera options.

BTY 75% of my time has been spent crimping then recrimping then recrimping then recrimping then recrimping the DIY Cat5e cable we ran out to the warehouse.

I just got this 2 pack of cameras and downloaded the ivms-4000 but can't seem to get the software to see the cams. I have them plugged into a POE switch but when I click online devices, nothing shows up. Did you have to key in an IP for it to recognize it?

I just got this 2 pack of cameras and downloaded the ivms-4000 but can't seem to get the software to see the cams. I have them plugged into a POE switch but when I click online devices, nothing shows up. Did you have to key in an IP for it to recognize it?

No. The IVMS software saw both my cams on its own.

1. Do you have the PC running the Ives software plugged into the same switch as the cams?
  2. Are your cams plugged into one of the switch's POE powered ports (not all your switch ports may be POE powered)?
  3. Are you using Cat5e or Cat6 rated cable?
  4. Did you crimp your own ends?

No. The IVMS software saw both my cams on its own.

1. Do you have the PCM running the Ives software plugged into the same switch as the cams?
  2. Are your cams plugged into one of the switch's POE powered ports (not all ports may be POE powered?

Strange...I do have everything on the same switch (Netgear GS110TP). All the ports are POE and when I log into the switch it does indicate it is providing power. I'm at work now and figured I would just give it a shot here and test them out. I can try it again when I get home. I'll be using a different switch (Zyxel ES1100-8P) so maybe I'll have better luck.

I'm using Cat 6. Cables were purchased so I didn't crimp them.

...I do have everything on the same switch (Netgear GS110TP). All the ports are POE and when I log into the switch it does indicate it is providing power...

I dunno bro. You probably know more about this stuff than me...maybe a VLAN configuration issue? I dunno

Alternatively you may send your cameras to me for free configuration. Please mail to...

Alan Qader

Dropbox 187

New York, NY 10001

"all the ports are PoE"

Am I missing something? You do need at least one LAN port to hook to your router, right?

A switch's port is a port is a port bro. A "POE port" simply means that the port also provides "power over ethernet" (specification IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at I believe). An ethernet cable contains 4 pairs of twisted cooper wire. If I remember correctly ethernet only uses 2 of those twisted pair and the other one or 2 twisted pair can carry power. Hense "power over ethernet." Or sumptin' like that. I'll put my dunce cap on and go stand in the corner now.

What I mean by "a switch's port is a port is a port" is that you can plug your PC and/or router into any of the ports...you may plug a non POE device (like your routher or your PC) into a POE port...but your POE powered cameras must be plugged into one of the switch ports that provides POE (in addition to the network connectivity which all switch ports provide).

The other issue is that most switchs are rated for providing only xxx watts. Example: a 48-port switch rated to provide a maximum of 186 watts would be able to provide 15.5 POE watts to only 12 of its 48 ports.

In addition, I have noticed that you have to read very carefully to read that many an "8-port POE switch" only actually proved POE juice to four (4) of the 8 switch pots. Some switches come right out with this. On others, it is kinda buried in the switch specs. Caveat Emptor City bro.

Well I tried at home and realized the default ip of the cam is 192.0.0.64. So I setup my computer based on those specs and then just went to the browser and changed the ip to the same scheme as my network and it works. Didn't even need to use the ivms software. Cams are up and running in Blue Iris now. Still learning that software and trying to get the optimal settings but so far it looks great.

Well I tried at home and realized the default ip of the cam is 192.0.0.64. So I setup my computer based on those specs and then just went to the browser and changed the ip to the same scheme as my network and it works. Didn't even need to use the ivms software. Cams are up and running in Blue Iris now. Still learning that software and trying to get the optimal settings but so far it looks great.

Outstanding (and good thinking)! But funny thing is this: my subnet IP scheme is 192.168.111.xxx and (as I remember) each of my Swann cameras was defaulted at 192.0.xxx.xxx. HOWEVER, the IVMS software running on my 192.168.111.xxx computer recognized both of my cameras. I was surprised, but that's the way it was.

Please be sure to tell us everything you can about your cameras! " title="Applause" />

I'm very sorry mate, but I can't comment on possible settings that are outside the intended usage of the cameras. It's very much a case of "you brick it, you bought it". We cannot advise customers to make modifications that may damage the cameras as we would then be liable for the damage.

What I can give you is that the configuration software (Swannview NVR) has quite a few more settings than the NVR itself. For example, it is possible to have cameras on the external NIC interface of the NVR.

I apologise that I cannot provide more information than that.

Explain how to do this please.

What are people that didn't get the NVR using to record. I tried BlueIris, it works but jittery like with Dahua. Is iVMS NVR software that can recording?

AHAH!! I did not have a clue you could plug a non-PoE device in a PoE awitch port. I understand how it works with the extra pairs available in Cat 5, Cat6 available for power. Never thought to think that the "power wires" in a PoE port hit a nothing connection when a non- poe device is plugged in.

Thanks for that.

And guys......wheres the meat? Lets see some fresh video..................

AHAH!! I did not have a clue you could plug a non-PoE device in a PoE awitch port. I understand how it works with the extra pairs available in Cat 5, Cat6 available for power. Never thought to think that the "power wires" in a PoE port hit a nothing connection when a non- poe device is plugged in.

Thanks for that.

Ill post some out of swanns nvr

http://youtu.be/LQzJG_qFqek

http://youtu.be/8oudTFOsSYk

I think these are at 15 FPS and on the computer monitor you can make out details of the face. I did go into the camera last night and enable wdr @13

Thanks for that.

I think these are at 15 FPS and on the computer monitor you can make out details of the face. I did go into the camera last night and enable wdr @13

Those cameras look great

The key word is 'switching'. These regulate the output and so will not damage devices that they are overrated for.

Right. I've never seen a 12v external power supply with the word "switching" printed on it. What I do see is "Output 12v" (and the the amperage printed next to it). So I have no idea how I would know if the power supply I had was "switching" capable or not. Why don't you just give me the camera's 12v amperage spec.

Opps. I just looked at an old Trendnet 4 port 10/100 switch I had lying around. The exteral power supply is labeled "Switching Power Supply." So, FIM again for Q.

What are people that didn't get the NVR using to record. I tried BlueIris, it works but jittery like with Dahua. Is iVMS NVR software that can recording?

Did you ever get smooth video? when i talked with tech support from hikvision he seemed to think there software would work and was free. never did look into that.

not a 100% since i have not used it. My cams dont come until tomorrow. I believe IVMS 4200 is just a video management interface. I think you need to download and install IVMS 2000 on to the pc your using as your server. configure that then go back to IVMS 4200 and input the server info.

I have iVMS 4200 installed, looks nice but can't figure out how to record.

It says that the iVMS 2000 can be in "NVR Configuration" so maybe that component does the recording. If you get this working (iVMS 2000 and 4200) could you let us know how it is on CPU load (w/motion detection, etc)? It would be great if this was in the same class as the ACTi cameras as far as very light cpu usage.

Thanks for that.

Cameras look pretty good. I'm on shift so I can't use the work computers on Youtube.

But I could make out the Fire/Rescue on your shirt on my small Droid Cell phone.

I'll check em out on my computer when I get home tomm for better viewing.

Off topic: You guys work 24/48?

That's what we work.

Yeah if I'm not mistaken they are no longer going to sell them. It looks like they are releasing a new ip system

by lorex... But its the same cameras from Hikvision!

Crazy....

[it says that the iVMS 2000 can be in "NVR Configuration" so maybe that component does the recording. If you get this working (iVMS 2000 and 4200) could you let us know how it is on CPU load (w/motion detection, etc)? It would be great if this was in the same class as the ACTi cameras as far as very light cpu usage.

I installed iVMS 2000 and it wants me to install disk drive that it wants to format, hmm, so it can't be the main drive because that has windows.

I installed iVMS 2000 and it wants me to install disk drive that it wants to format, hmm, so it can't be the main drive because that has windows.

That sounds kinda crazy, no? Or shall I say the software installation requirements are rather unique?