rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Your forgetting one thing...

1 Dahua 2mp Dome = Less then $200.00

Is Avigilon or Arecont to this price point?

Does Avigilon NVR support Dahua? Just curious, what is the least expensive IP camera that is compatible with Avigilon?

Best,

Christopher

I think the problem is obvious: if it's not an Dahua or HIK camera with s...ty lens and Vigil , it's a complete waste of money. If you're not spending $500+ per camera location, it's just not worth bothering

Wow, that was so clever...

198878_1.jpg

Does Avigilon NVR support Dahua? Just curious, what is the least expensive IP camera that is compatible with Avigilon?

Best,

Christopher

Chris that would be hard ? to answer

in general we are not looking for any other cams and Avigilon

as you know very hard to beat tight integration and quality

ask Soundy him and his company sell and install (cheap) Dahua and HIK product

Edited by Guest

Chris that would be hard ? to answer

in general we are not looking for any other cams and Avigilon

as you know very hard to beat tight integration and quality

Understood. Here's why I asked. Our HOA has approved an Avigilon system that will include three 5MP H.264 domes and two Messoa SRC515Pro LPR cameras attached to an Avigilon video encoder. (I look forward to posting images from the Messoa). Given that there is only one entrance and exit for the 160 home community, we should be able to get plates and time of entry/exit for all vehicles.

This is a potential game changer for the following reason. In the past, homeowners would send me low quality images or video of a burglary or vandalism, which on rare occasion resulted in arrests, but in most cases, were of minimal value. Now that we have the potential to capture plates, we can time sync their low quality images with our plate captures, and potentially solve more crimes.

In the past, when a home owner asked for my opinion on a system, it was a difficult choice, because the amount of money needed for useful forensics can be expensive. Now, by combining forensics from several systems, they don't need exceptional night images. All they need is a decent image of a vehicle and time stamp. IMO, the only NVR I would recommend is Avigilon because I think the cost is about the same as other NVR software, and the features are far more compelling. Again, just my opinion. That said, which camera(s) should they use? One option is to start with one well-positioned Avigilon camera. Or, another option is the Avigilon video encoder and up to four CCTV.

Just thinking out loud here. Let me know if you have any ideas on this line of reasoning.

Best,

Christopher

Understood. Here's why I asked. Our HOA has approved an Avigilon system that will include three 5MP H.264 domes and two Messoa SRC515Pro LPR cameras attached to an Avigilon video encoder. (I look forward to posting images from the Messoa). Given that there is only one entrance and exit for the 160 home community, we should be able to get plates and time of entry/exit for all vehicles.

Just thinking out loud here. Let me know if you have any ideas on this line of reasoning.

Best,

Christopher

I will call you later today and show to you examples of Jpeg 2000 ( 5 MP ) and Lic plates

very impressive

I will call you later today and show to you examples of Jpeg 2000 ( 5 MP ) and Lic plates

very impressive

Thanks, I look forward to your call and examples. I've seen some good looking 5MP Jpeg2000 LPR examples, and I really wanted to go that route instead of the Messoa, but we've had so many problems trying to focus a 5MP Jpeg2000 at another site, I decided to go with Messoa.

Best,

Christopher

I don't understand why the setups I've seen in this area do not compare in quality. One example I received from the local rep (I think the distance was about 100 feet) had an incredibly shallow DOF. The focus was at a stop sign, and 10 feet before and after the stop sign was quite blurry due to focusing issues. We also have a 5MP JPEG2000 overlooking a parking lot. Avigilon said the first lens they sent was not meant for 5MP (not sure how that error was made). New lens is better, but focusing is a royal pain, and it's still not very good, particularly when trying to achieve focus both day and night. Anyway, it has not been the best experience. I know others have had much better success.

Best,

Christopher

Edit: I've really come to appreciate the auto back focus of my Pano 502. There are better/cheaper cameras available today, but it's been reliable (and focused) for several years without any problems.

Don't know what to tell you... it does take time focus these correctly but when you do you can see the results. The only times I have had issues is when I tried low quality lenses....

FYI I am a big fan of the remote zoom/focus h.264 camera but h.264 can't match the image detail JPEG2000 can deliver.

Don't know what to tell you... it does take time focus these correctly but when you do you can see the results. The only times I have had issues is when I tried low quality lenses....

The odd thing about the reps video was the shallow DOF. I could tell it was focused because the vehicles would come into and then out of focus as they passed through the stop sign.

Regarding focus, is there a focusing aid that will micro adjust a manual focus lens? I hate it when you barely think clockwise or counter clockwise and you see a sharp focus for an instant and then it's gone. Of course, once you get a focus, then you have to tighten it, and that changes the focus. Bummer.

FYI I am a big fan of the remote zoom/focus h.264 camera but h.264 can't match the image detail JPEG2000 can deliver.

Yeah, wish they would provide both remote focus and JPEG2000 in one minidome. I'm also disappointed that they dropped the JPEG2000 video encoders. Love the software, though.

Best,

Christopher

what brand of your camera? jpeg2000? is it good enough?

I focus all my Jpeg2000 cameras in low light. Make sure the iris is wide open.

what brand of your camera? jpeg2000? is it good enough?

Some Avigilon cameras support JPEG2000. The increased dynamic range and forensic detail is quite impressive.

Best,

Christopher

I've been reading the forum for a while and thought it was about time I contributed.

The image below is a snapshot from the RTSP Stream (viewed in VLC) from a camera I recently installed.

The camera is an IPS IPS-913V

I was surprised at the prices of IP Cameras from UK retailers (I'll be buying at least half a dozen once I settle on a camera I like) so thought I would take a chance on a cheap(er) Chinese one from e-bay and see what it was like and how well it integrated into my system before spending huge amounts.

200424_1.png

This is a link to the manufacturers webpage. http://www.ipscam.com/en/Mega_Pixel_Bullet_Camera_Series/78.html#

My system currently has 6 analog cameras connected to a pair of NV5000L cards in a PC with a Core2Duo processor.

This has also recently been upgraded from a generic capture card that annoyed me by causing the PC to hang or crash from time to time.

When I included the new IP camera the image would keep disconnecting and it was also causing the analog cameras to freeze after some time.

I suspect the PC isn't up to the job as it runs at 80-90% CPU with the IP camera included in the Aver software.

I've been testing with the IP camera monitored via Blue Iris on another PC instead and both the Aver setup and the Blue Iris is solid as a rock. I guess some money needs to be spent on a faster server, or the Aver software just doesn't like this camera. (The i-Spy software definitely doesn't like it either as I couldn't get a steady picture using that)

I'm really happy with the Aver setup, but less than overjoyed with the IP Cam, which seems a little 'fuzzy'. Am I being too picky as I expected a big "wow" going from D1 to 2MP, or is it because the camera is compressing (badly) using h.264 before I even get to see the image?

I've spent days messing with all the options and that's the best I can get the camera image.

Would I get that wow if I spent 3 times as much on a more expensive camera?

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just wanted to post a pic so people could see what one of these budget 2MP IP cameras perform like, as there don't seem to be many other examples around, and give my experience with it.

Mike.

OK, just didn't want to post loads of pics if nobody was interested

Here's three images of moving objects. (cropped, but not re-sized)

Believe it or not the one in the third picture was moving the fastest.

200454_1.png

200454_2.png

200454_3.png

And one in very low light.

200454_4.png

There's no street lighting here and it is very dark outside at the moment.

I think what doesn't help here is that the ground slopes down towards the camera and it is placed almost 3m high, so it is pointing down at the ground. My assumption is that a lower angle would give a better use of the IR.

Nothing has gone down the road since it got dark, but I'll post a moving vehicle once it has.

For context...

I placed one of the analog cameras on top of the IP camera's housing and took this snapshot.

200454_5.png

EDIT: just realised I should have powered off the IP Camera first , there's two lots of IR lamps working in that last pic. I'll have to get a more accurate comparison shot, but don't have time to move the analog cam back tonight.

Folks.. I just recently found this awesome site and the price on IP cameras are unbelievable. These guys are really bringing prices for professional ip cameras for cctv. I just bought their AHS-IP7153 model for 209.99 its a great camera!! Enjoy the sample video clip.

http://www.ad-hocsecurity.com/ip-cameras/165-dome-1080p-hd-2-mp-ip-camera.html

_2Im4d_enZ8

Dahua?

We just hung up a Samsung SNP-5200H.

It came out as one of the best of the domes our standard suppliers had and it's cheap as well!

I must say, I'm quite pleased with the quality in the late hours. Here are two images, one during the day, one at night.

201715_3.jpg

201715_4.jpg