rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Not to jump in the middle or on a side, But looking at both files Very closely I could not see absolutely any difference

in Picture Quality to the original and the jpeg converted by photoshop...

And I own a large Apple Cinema Series Monitor specifically for editing Professional Photos and HD videos....

Exactly. I believe when you click the snapshot button it presents it in bmp format but is actually made from the compressed h.264 stream so you'll see compression artifacts in both images as faint as they may seem. There's a quality setting for snapshots, it's set to 5 by default but 6 is the highest.

I personally find Dahua's images a little over processed, like the difference between a consumer point and shoot digital camera vs. a dslr camera. For example, on Mobotix, I get the choice to enhance sharpness and it looks great for a demo, but in real life, the over-processed image tends to lose detail.

Not to jump in the middle or on a side, But looking at both files Very closely I could not see absolutely any difference

in Picture Quality to the original and the jpeg converted by photoshop...

And I own a large Apple Cinema Series Monitor specifically for editing Professional Photos and HD videos....

something seams very sneaky about using photoshop

Haha, I bought the camera for personal use, full advertised price, what would I have to gain by making the image look better. You are just jealous that Dahua image quality blows Avigilon away. If I can get Avigilon to send me a camera, I would love to put their 3MP side by side.

Haha, I bought the camera for personal use, full advertised price, what would I have to gain by making the image look better. You are just jealous that Dahua image quality blows Avigilon away. If I can get Avigilon to send me a camera, I would love to put their 3MP side by side.

If your buying cameras for personal use to test and review , just buy an Avigilon camera. I like your reviews and would love to see one from you on the Avigilon 3mp.

I am more jealous of lack of VMSs that there cameras work with and Dahua's fantasic support Dahua's have descent quality but they are useless without integration and manufacture support.

Edited by Guest

:Shrugs:

I find it the easiest program to take any file, and convert to any file and with the best results.

While enhancing it to look better then the orignal image

He provided the original photo? There was no enhancing done.

I'm going to jump out of this disussion as you have your mind set

in a way that if Photoshop is involved, its full blast and the image is

being altered. Sorry, But you need to get over that; sometimes, Many times

it's used as a simple file converter and not some super tuner of photos.

I am a photographer, so I have the program. Why would I use another program to convert files.

It does the best job, with no loss of detail. And without "Enhancing"

I'm not trying to back buelwinkle for any reason other than It

makes no sense the stance you have on this matter.

Would it be ok if he used another program to convert the files?

If you say yes, then thats exactly what I'm talking about. WHy?

Its a program like the rest. Hell, you can add brightness/contrast with Microsoft image editer.

Continue on.

He provided the original photo? There was no enhancing done.

I'm going to jump out of this disussion as you have your mind set

in a way that if Photoshop is involved, its full blast and the image is

being altered. Sorry, But you need to get over that; sometimes, Many times

it's used as a simple file converter and not some super tuner of photos.

I am a photographer, so I have the program. Why would I use another program to convert files.

It does the best job, with no loss of detail. And without "Enhancing"

I'm not trying to back buelwinkle for any reason other than It

makes no sense the stance you have on this matter.

Would it be ok if he used another program to convert the files?

If you say yes, then thats exactly what I'm talking about. WHy?

Its a program like the rest. Hell, you can add brightness/contrast with Microsoft image editer.

Let me tell you story

few years ago very reputable company post their camera shots on forum

and guess what

all of them was taken by Sony HD camera

was lots of ph calls and apologies and bla bla

my point is

always state if you use ANY editing soft before you post HERE

Should we also have a rule that you must post the camera you used to create the image?

Fourth Bruce: Right, I just want to remind you of the faculty rules: Rule One!

Every Bruce: No Poofters!

Fourth Bruce: Right, I just want to remind you of the faculty rules: Rule One!

Every Bruce: No Poofters!

Happy new year Christopher

Back Garden SNC-RH124

Here an demo image of me zooming into my local train station from my flat on an Sony IPELA SNC-RH124 Network camera

2 Megapixel / 10x high quality optical zoom

Zoomed out

208542_1.jpg

5x Zoomed

208542_2.jpg

10x Zommed

208542_3.jpg

Image was taken about 3:33AM but will upload more in the daytime, Happy new year guys!

Zoomed out

208542_4.jpg

3x zoomed

208542_5.jpg

6x

208542_6.jpg

6x

208542_8.jpg

8x - Lift sign

208542_7.jpg

Image was taken about 4PM and getting into darkish but will upload more in the daytime when i have time

Again Happy new year guys!

304mb. Video on left had crisper static images but very blurry moving vehicles. Video on right was very good with moving vehicles. No plates visible with either camera. I assume that the Mobotix is on the left and Bosch on the right given the title??

Yes, left is Mobotix. This video show just main differences in "native" sensitivity and dynamic range. Number plates capture was not a target in this video.

The left image is Mobotix and it looks like if you want to read the plates his just has to up the exposure settings to 1/60 +

Yes, this true. But Mobotix has very bad sensitivity (good only with slow shutter speed), and, at this shutter speed, it is possible to see only noise, but not an image, at dark coditions.

I would agree the Mobotix M12 color sensor is bad in low light, but they typicaly sell it as their dual night version, with a color and b&w sensor. The b&w sensor is excellent in low light with very low noise. To me it was the leader for a long time but other cameras are catching up, so Mobotix has to step up their game. The M15 which I beleive replaces the M12 may be that camera with 5 MP.

I would agree the Mobotix M12 color sensor is bad in low light, but they typicaly sell it as their dual night version, with a color and b&w sensor. The b&w sensor is excellent in low light with very low noise. To me it was the leader for a long time but other cameras are catching up, so Mobotix has to step up their game. The M15 which I beleive replaces the M12 may be that camera with 5 MP.

In my video You can see both Mobotix sensors comparsion - Color and B/W. B/W sensor has better sensitivity, but not enaugh, but dynamic range is worse, than color sensor....