rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Wow, I haven't been here for ages

Customer reported that his ACTi Corp bullet cam (D32) have moisture condensing problem...

Well I think it was just poor mounting problem, I've never had any issues with those cams, but at least I had an excuse to test out some ideas ... I know it's not a "demo" but still about IP cams

wmTvMU_U-wo

Thanks for the video. I would have thought there might have been some condensation after the dish washer test. Was the test done with hot water? Thankyou again for taking the time to make the video.

Today I installed Dahua's new 1.3mp 20x PTX. It's the newest model with it's new eco savy theme. So far so good with it.

235569_1.jpg

235569_2.jpg

235569_3.jpg

235569_4.jpg

235569_5.jpg

Niiiiice! Did you use the pole mount or did you just bolt that sucker to the pole? Nice pictures! That baby is gonna be put to the test soon enough through the winter months. In really bad snow they can pack up a bit and lose some tilt motion, but it clears with the sun. A little careful moving of the camera can help to clear it too, during the storm. The dahua I installed made it through Sandy up on a pole, so they are tough mofos! Thanks for posting. I always look forward to it!

Hello Everyone!

I noticed that there hasn't been a review done of what I think is a very affordable outdoor PTZ camera that can be powered on PoE alone!

For a price range of between $550-$599 this camera has excellent features:

• 1/3” 2Mp Exmor CMOS

• Max 25/30fps@1080P

• 3~9mm 3x optical zoom

• H.264/MJPEG & Dual-stream encoding

• Max 80°/s Pan/Tilt speed, 0°~350° pan rotation

• DWDR, D&N(ICR), DNR(2D&3D)

• 1/1ch audio in/out, 2/1ch alarm in/out

• Micro SD card, PoE

• IP 66, IK 10, -10~55°C

Ever since I started putting together a home video surveillance system to keep an eye out for suspicious activity, I've slowly come to the realization that this exact camera was what I needed from the start! I originally had an ACTi E32 (which I am now selling) whose picture was excellent but because it was stationary, I could not view what was going on in our street. Now, I can position this PTZ anywhere so that I can monitor the area. I didn't see the need for a 20x-30x optical zoom as I don't intend to spy on anyone .

Best of all, it can be powered by PoE, with no need for a separate power supply!

is a day video.

is a night video.

Special thanks to Jenny @ goGSS.com for getting this camera to me so quickly!

Hello Everyone!

I noticed that there hasn't been a review done of what I think is a very affordable outdoor PTZ camera that can be powered on PoE alone!

For a price range of between $550-$599 this camera has excellent features:

• 1/3” 2Mp Exmor CMOS

• Max 25/30fps@1080P

• 3~9mm 3x optical zoom

• H.264/MJPEG & Dual-stream encoding

• Max 80°/s Pan/Tilt speed, 0°~350° pan rotation

• DWDR, D&N(ICR), DNR(2D&3D)

• 1/1ch audio in/out, 2/1ch alarm in/out

• Micro SD card, PoE

• IP 66, IK 10, -10~55°C

Ever since I started putting together a home video surveillance system to keep an eye out for suspicious activity, I've slowly come to the realization that this exact camera was what I needed from the start! I originally had an ACTi E32 (which I am now selling) whose picture was excellent but because it was stationary, I could not view what was going on in our street. Now, I can position this PTZ anywhere so that I can monitor the area. I didn't see the need for a 20x-30x optical zoom as I don't intend to spy on anyone .

Best of all, it can be powered by PoE, with no need for a separate power supply!

is a day video.

is a night video.

Special thanks to Jenny @ goGSS.com for getting this camera to me so quickly!

Is this a real outdoor camera? I did not know it has outdoor IP66 housing!!!

I guess, I might buy one of this camera for my Christmas present.

I have that PTZ camera. Dahua makes it. It has great night vision as long as there is light. The zoom is not great at only 3x optical also. It's a nice small mini dome which is nice as well. It has 20x optical and the IR's are good for 300 feet.

That is a great PTZ, but it does not have IR so make sure your area is lit up or get an external IR which is hard to do cause that camera moves. Also, keep in mind, it only has 3x optical zoom which is not alot. If anyone is interested, I have a couple of

extra of the PTZ's I mounted on that pole. I'm selling those for 800.00. They are 1.3mp, 20x optical, 16x digital, and IR's are

good for 300 feet.

Niiiiice! Did you use the pole mount or did you just bolt that sucker to the pole? Nice pictures! That baby is gonna be put to the test soon enough through the winter months. In really bad snow they can pack up a bit and lose some tilt motion, but it clears with the sun. A little careful moving of the camera can help to clear it too, during the storm. The dahua I installed made it through Sandy up on a pole, so they are tough mofos! Thanks for posting. I always look forward to it!

Shock, thanks. I didn't use a pole mount cause the pole was wood. I used strong bolts and bolted one side of the bracket to the pole. There is a space behind the camera, but the cable going into the camera is a compression fitting and it's water tight. The cable comes from the camera and goes up to a sealed outdoor gang box. Water does not travel upward, so those connections are good. I even siliconed the hole that the cable enters just to avoid moisture. The power and cat5 are in flex hose and a compression fitting connects it to the gang box. The cable, camera, and connectors, should last forever.

I think luckyfella is referring to 2 different PTZ cameras here .

I have that PTZ camera. Dahua makes it. It has great night vision as long as there is light. The zoom is not great at only 3x optical also. It's a nice small mini dome which is nice as well.
This refers to the Dahua SD3282D-GN 2Mp with 3x Optical PTZ mini dome that I have.

It has 20x optical and the IR's are good for 300 feet.
I believe here he is referring to Dahua's new Eco-Savvy SD6C120S-HN 1.3Mp with 20x Optical PTZ.

Shock, thanks. I didn't use a pole mount cause the pole was wood. I used strong bolts and bolted one side of the bracket to the pole. There is a space behind the camera, but the cable going into the camera is a compression fitting and it's water tight. The cable comes from the camera and goes up to a sealed outdoor gang box. Water does not travel upward, so those connections are good. I even siliconed the hole that the cable enters just to avoid moisture. The power and cat5 are in flex hose and a compression fitting connects it to the gang box. The cable, camera, and connectors, should last forever.

I was curious on these Dahua PTZs with IR LEDs, how do you keep the camera lens & IR LEDs clean as they are exposed to the environment?

Is this a real outdoor camera? I did not know it has outdoor IP66 housing!!!

I guess, I might buy one of this camera for my Christmas present.

It does have an IP66 housing and is rated for use in -10~55ºC / Less than 90% RH.

I have mine installed under an eave to protect it from the elements. Where I live, it does not go below or above the temperature ratings .

Yes, you were correct. I have those two model PTZ's in 2 different locations recording onto my 5232 NVR. The PTZ with IR's

is just the same any other camera as far as keeping clean. How do you keep a fixed camera clean? I've never experienced

needing to clean it. I guess rain or what not rinses it? It is a great camera and I am happy with it. It is the latest Eco Savy

model.

New video sample from GeoVision GV-BX2400. I rly like those, great quality at day and good low light capabilities.

Here I was testing cheap EVATAR 10-40mm lens, it's little bit "soft", but I am happy with results.

7Tw0MstClM8

I got another Grandstream GXV3651_FHD and it came with an auto-iris lens (previously varifocal manual-iris on my other two) so I tried the stock lens. This is a full-size image but I had to bring the JPEG quality down to 80 to get under the 500kb limit. Camera is locked at 1/125th-second exposure so I get minimal blur on people just on the other side of the window. It's a dual-pane window and the camera looks through it at a ~45-degree angle, so take that into account if you're critiquing the fine details. Lots of extra glass in the way

After trying the stock lens out, I slapped my spare Fujinon 3MP lens on it. It's slightly better IMO.

At peak resolution, framerate is limited to 5fps. The camera has a lag of typically 3 frames between a motion-detection event and the actual frame it stores/FTPs/emails, and at 5fps, a 3-frame lag can displace the target significantly when it's at close range. I have a ticket open with Grandstream and they are looking into it. At the next-highest resolution, max framerate is 15fps which diminishes the issue.

Other things people might find relevant if they're thinking about one of these: no WDR settings to adjust, recorded audio has heavy rumble in my opinion (I can stick a clip on YouTube if anyone's curious), and you currently can either pick a specific shutter speed or AUTO, but you can't just cap it at a minimum shutter speed for now. In the scene shown above, sticking with 1/125th-sec exposure gets grainy but useable photos even of people walking by at point-blank range at night on the lighted porch, but you pay the penalty of a lot of noise in the video footage (go figure).

3651_FHD.thumb.jpg.be9a9d56d4b41d1ef1233228e6b91367.jpg

Just got one of my 3mp hiks working. Rdy to get the rest installed.

I haven't messed with any of the settings but I'm pretty happy!

old 420tvl in same location.

237324_6.jpg

UPDATE: DAY SHOT

237348_1.jpg

A couple night snaps. I'll get day shots up tomm.

237324_3.jpg

237324_4.jpg

237328_1.jpg

Just got one of my 3mp hiks working. Rdy to get the rest installed.

I haven't messed with any of the settings but I'm pretty happy!

old 420tvl in same location.

237324_6.jpg

UPDATE: DAY SHOT

237348_1.jpg

A couple night snaps. I'll get day shots up tomm.

237324_3.jpg

237324_4.jpg

237328_1.jpg

What happens, if you turn off the spot light at night and

see the IR performance on the camera, is it any good?

How far can you see at night with the IR turn on?

Care you show us? Thank you in advance.

Why not raise the camera slightly so you get more of your driveway?

I adjusted it so I do, But I have another Hik 3mp bullet specifically for that spot.

All the videos and photos are here in this link that you seek!

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38847&start=30

Firefighter, thank you for sharing the link. " title="Applause" />

Now I know what I will be getting for my Christmas present this year!

BTW, this HikVision camera model no. is....DS-2CD2032-I 3MP, is it correct?

This is a very interesting thread; thanks to all who have shared pictures in it. One thing I noticed on the first few and the last few pages (I haven't had time to go through 65 pages completely) is that most of the pictures don't include people, and of most interest to me, close enough views to identify who it is, assuming you know them.

Keep posting the great pictures but please think about including a few with people so we can really get a feel for what will help us in identifying thieves or other targets.

Most MP cameras look great in the day.

The ultimate test for any MP camera is:

1. under LOW LIGHT conditions with MOVING objects (cars/people)

2. under BRIGHT LIGHT with MOVING objects (cars/people)

Thieves/perps do not usually stand still..

I just got my new Dahua eco savy 2mp 30x optical zoom PTZ. I threw it up on my terrace and shot this quick little video.

I kept it in color because there is enough light, but the IR strength is amazing.